Colony Days is a 501(c)3 organization supported by community sponsors, volunteers, and donors — we couldn’t do it without you
Volunteers are the heart of Colony Days, as the event is put on by volunteers. The more hands we have, the lighter the work. While we have volunteers that work year-round to organize the event, we also need many volunteers the weekend of the event and the week before.
Here are some volunteer positions we are needing to fill:
October 13, 2017
- Notification to all businesses and residents that are located along the entire parade route. Ideally, volunteers speak directly to business personnel and introduce themselves as a Colony Days volunteer and briefly explains a parade is coming. If no person is available to speak with, the flyer is left in the door jam, under a mat or mail slot, etc.
October 18, 2017
Need crew of at least 12 strong people and 6 trucks with trailers to help set up Tent City in Sunken Gardens.
- Flexible timing, depending on heat of the day
- Staging and backdrop
October 19, 2017
- 9 a.m.: Attach “no parking” and “road closure” signs to light posts or to orange CalTrans/city barriers all along the parade route.
- Electrician assistance needed with 1 or 2 people to go up and down ladders and help to get lights set up
October 21, 2017
- Trash patrol will be needed along the parade route, during and after the parade.
- Trash patrol during event at Sunken Gardens
- Pick up of trash in trash cans and placed in dumpsters after the event.
- After Vendors leave at 4 p.m., all rental tables and chairs that are dispersed through the event need to be moved to Tent City.
- All No Parking Signs are to be removed and disposed of that are on ECR.
October 22, 2017
Tent City Tear Down – 9:00 am Sunday
- Crew of at least 12 strong volunteers
- 6 trucks for returning Tent City décor back to several different locations
To find out more and/or apply to be a volunteer, CLICK HERE. Email completed application form to email@example.com.