Colony Days is a 501(c)3 organization supported by community sponsors, volunteers, and donors — we couldn’t do it without you
Volunteers are the heart of Colony Days, as the event is put on by volunteers. The more hands we have, the lighter the work. While we have volunteers that work year-round to organize the event, we also need many volunteers the weekend of the event and the week before, as well as to plan and execute different tasks throughout the year.
Some of the volunteer duties include:
- Deliver event posters & fliers to businesses around the county to publicize the event 3-4 weeks before the event
- Deliver fliers about the parade route and road closures to affected businesses a week before the event
- Crew of at least 12 strong people and 6 trucks with trailers to help set up Tent City in Sunken Gardens.
- Bring water, fruit and other snacks to Sunken Gardens for volunteers.
- Attach “no parking” and “road closure” signs to light posts or orange CalTrans/city barriers all along the parade route.
- Electrician assistance needed with 1 or 2 people to go up and down ladders and help to get lights set up
- Day-of trash patrol along the parade route, during and after the parade.
- Trash patrol during event at Sunken Gardens
- Pick up trash bags in trash cans and place in dumpsters after the event.
- After vendors leave at 4 p.m., all rental tables and chairs that are dispersed through the event need to be moved to Tent City.
- All No Parking Signs are to be removed and disposed of that are on ECR.
- Tent City Tear Down
- Be a member of the Colony Days Committee, which meets once a month and then every week a month leading up to the event
- Graphic designer for posters, fliers, ads, maps, etc.
- Social media expert to help update social media throughout the year
- Social media experts to update social media the day-of the event
- Photographers to capture all aspects of the event the day-of
- Videographers to capture each main event during Colony Days & other things identified by committee