Colony Days is a 501(c)3 organization supported by our community — we couldn’t do it without you
Parade Entry Form
READ THESE RULES & WAIVER BEFORE SENDING YOUR ENTRY FORM TO AVOID DISQUALIFICATION:
- Nothing is to be thrown or given away by parade entrants. Children attempting to retrieve prizes or treats could slip under wheels or animals. NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be asked once to stop. On the second offense, you will be escorted off the parade route.
- All entries are subject to approval by the Colony Days Committee.
- All unruly animals shall be removed immediately from the staging area or parade route and will be disqualified from participation.
- Please do not BUNCH UP or LAG BEHIND. Keep approximately 75 feet between entries. FORWARD MOTION must be maintained at all times. If you have a routine, please perform it in a forward motion.
- No carrying or discharging of loaded firearms.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed in the parade.
- Political candidates are welcome, but no distribution of material is allowed along the parade route. A sign stating the name and office held or sought by the candidate is allowed (Example: John Jones, candidate for supervisor)
- Commercial entries may state the name of the business. No other advertising or distribution of leaflets, candy or other favors or samples is allowed.
- Children 6 years or young on animals must have a lead rope attached with an adult rider or walker. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- A donated truck to pull your parade entry is not required to cover up its normal signage painted on the door or body.
- No sirens or loud noises (Except for Fire Dept. & Police Dept.)
REMEMBER: PARADE NUMBERS will not be mailed to you. You must pick them up on the morning of the parade (between 8 and 9 a.m.) at the corner of Pueblo and Sinaloa Avenues.
WAIVER: I, _____________________________, knowing the risks of participating in the Colony Days Parade and events, I hereby agree to assume those risks and to release and hold harmless all the persons or entities mentioned above, or any of the indemnities who (through negligence, carelessness, or otherwise) might be liable to me, or my heirs, or assigns, for damages. I assume responsibility for all people, animals, motor vehicles, messages, or any injury caused relative to my float. It is further understood and agreed this waiver, release and assumption of risks is to be binding on my heirs and assigns.
I grant Colony Days permission to use my likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media in any and all of its publications, including web-based publications, without payment or other consideration. I understand and agree that all photos will become the property of Colony Days and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize the Colony Days to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute these photos for any lawful purpose. In addition, I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears.