Colony Days is a 501(c)3 organization supported by our community — we couldn’t do it without you
- 8 a.m.: Staging Begins, Parade Registration/ Check-In Booth opens
- 9:30 a.m.: El Camino will be closed off – Registration/Check-in ends
- 10 a.m.: The parade starts
There will be a special staging area for the following groups:
- Entries with children
- Marching Bands
All others will line up by entry number in the designated area displayed on the map or by volunteers. To find out where you should go for your particular group, contact the person in charge of your entry to find out instructions specific to your entry.
READ THESE RULES BEFORE SENDING YOUR ENTRY FORM TO AVOID DISQUALIFICATION:
- Nothing is to be thrown or given away by parade entrants. Children attempting to retrieve prizes or treats could slip under wheels or animals. NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be asked once to stop. On the second offense, you will be escorted off the parade route.
- All entries are subject to approval by the Colony Days Committee.
- All unruly animals shall be removed immediately from the staging area or parade route and will be disqualified from participation.
- Please do not BUNCH UP or LAG BEHIND. Keep approximately 75 feet between entries.
- No carrying or discharging of loaded firearms.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed in the parade.
- Political candidates are welcome, but no distribution of material is allowed along the parade route. A sign stating the name and office held or sought by the candidate is allowed (Example: John Jones, candidate for supervisor)
- Commercial entries may state the name of the business. No other advertising or distribution of leaflets, candy or other favors or samples is allowed.
- Children 6 years or young on animals must have a lead rope attached with an adult rider or walker. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- A donated truck to pull your parade entry is not required to cover up its normal signage painted on the door or body.
- No sirens or loud noises (Except for Fire Dept. & Police Dept.)
- FORWARD MOTION must be maintained at all times. If you have a routine, please perform it in a forward motion.
REMEMBER: PARADE NUMBERS will not be mailed to you. You must pick them up on the morning of the parade (between 8 and 9 a.m.) at the corner of Pueblo and Sinaloa Avenues.