Colony Days Parade
Parade Entry Form
!!! Deadline for entries is Friday, Oct. 9, 2015 !!!
Fill out and submit the online parade entry form. Choose one applicable category.
If necessary, the Parade Committee reserves the right to change your desired category.
The following entry categories are not judged — Honor Color Guard, Military, Political, News Media, Sheriff’s Posse
Colony Days 2015 — Saturday, Oct. 17
Rules & Agreement
Read these rules before submitting your entry form to avoid disqualification.
Print the rules and waiver. Sign and bring to parade check-in station.
- Nothing is to be thrown or given away by parade entrants. Children attempting to retrieve prizes or treats could slip under wheels or animals. NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be asked once to stop. On the second offense, you will be escorted off the parade route.
- All entries are subject to approval by the Colony Days Committee.
- All unruly animals shall be removed immediately from the staging area or parade route and will be disqualified from participation.
- Do not BUNCH UP or LAG BEHIND. Keep approximately 75 feet between entries.
- No discharging of firearms.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed in the parade.
- Political candidates are welcome, but no distribution of material is allowed along the parade route. A sign stating the name and office held or sought by the candidate is allowed (Example: John Jones, candidate for supervisor)
- Commercial entries state the name of the business. No other advertising or distribution of leaflets, candy or other favors or samples is allowed.
- Children 6 years or young on animals must have a lead rope attached with an adult rider or walker. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- A donated truck to pull your parade entry is not required to cover up its normal signage painted on the door or body.
- No sirens or loud noises (Except for Fire Dept. & Police Dept.)
- FORWARD MOTION must be maintained at all times. If you have a routine perform it in a forward motion.
REMEMBER: Parade numbers will not be mailed to you. You must pick them up on the morning of the parade (between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m.) at the corner of Olmeda Ave. and West Mall — near the Printery building.
Parade awards may be picked up at the Information Booth in the park following parade after 2 p.m.
IMPORTANT: All parade entries need to read and understand the following waiver and rules — it will need to be signed upon arrival at the parade check-in station. Pick up your entry number and participation ribbons at the parade check-in station at the corner of Olmeda and West Mall between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m.
WAIVER: Knowing the risks of participating in the Colony Days Parade and events, I hereby agree to assume those risks and to release and hold harmless all the persons or entities mentioned above, or any of the indemnities who (through negligence, carelessness, or otherwise) might be liable to me, or my heirs, or assigns, for damages. It is further understood and agreed this waiver, release and assumption of risks is to be binding on my heirs and assigns.